Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Will Work For.....

As I mentioned in my previous post, the past year and a half has been full of ups and downs, and the past 2 months have been the most tumultuous.

After finishing school in December, my first priority was to buy a condo or house. Prices were low, as were interest rates. I started my search in May of last year, but didn't find anything before school started again, so I put off my search for a bit. As luck would have it, one of the condos I looked at on the first day of my search last year was still on the market and approved for a short sale. I liked this place when I first saw it, but was afraid to jump on something so soon. After seeing many other places over the following 9 months, I felt like it was the right time to put an offer in. 1200 square feet, good location, lots of storage, garage. This would be the perfect place for me! Offer submitted February 5th.


Fast Forward 4 days to February 9th. I arrive at work to see our global manufacturing manager and two new faces in our morning meeting. They didn't waste any time, and cut to the chase. They informed our staff that the Vista plant would be closing this year, and that all manufacturing would be moved to our Minnetonka, MN plant. WHOA!!! How about that for a 180 in my life? I was NOT prepared to hear that at all. Before even calling my family to let them know I would be laid off as of May 7, I called Brian Long (my realtor). Ix-Nay on the Offer!


Surprisingly (to myself), I have taken this change quite well. If I had to get laid off, now is the perfect time. No house, no obligations, brand new shiny MBA, and an itch to do something new anyway.

To say the least, my life has been quite crazy. I am wrapping up things at work, helping with the transfer of product to our sister plant, brushing up my resume, applying for jobs, interviewing for jobs, training for Wildflower. Oh, and I decided to volunteer in Tanzania in May/June! (More on that later).

So...if anyone reading this knows of any jobs in Operations/Supply Chain Management, or can create any jobs in operations/supply chain management...PLEASE let me know. I'm looking to start in mid-late June. Please check out my LinkedIn Page. :)

No comments: