Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fundraising Update - 3/30/2010

Thank you so much to everyone who has donated to my CCS volunteer program in Tanzania. As of today (3/30/2010) I have raised $1325 of the $3378 required program fee. Awesome!

The remainder of my program fee is due by April 14, and every little bit helps!

Many may be wondering why I have to pay to volunteer. Cross-Cultural Solutions is an International NGO and provides a good summary as to WHY there is a program fee, and WHAT that fee covers. In a nutshell, most of our program fee goes toward our specific volunteer costs (lodging, food, security, transportation with Tanzania, travel medical insurance, program placement, and program instruction). While I could hop on a plane and head to Africa on my own, I would have to find my own safe lodging and food, and security and local transportation would be on my own (and Dad DEFINITELY wouldn't like that). In addition, CCS works hard to find placements that suit our strengths for organizations that have a real need. In my opinion, the fee is well worth the opportunity to make a positive impact on somebody's life.

No comments: