Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Little Crosstraining - Skiing in SoCal

One of the bad things that has come out of this whole triathlon thing is my obsession with getting my workouts in...especially my long ones.....on the weekends. It's sad, but I have been known to pass up a lot of fun opportunities to get a long ride or long run in on a Saturday or Sunday. I decided to put a stop to this for one day. My friend Ryan was celebrating his Golden Birthday (27 on the 27th) and wanted to spend the day in the SoCal Mountains. Pat and I decided it would be fun, so figured why not!




We spent the day at Big Bear with Ryan and Erin. I had not skiied in 5 years, so it took a little time to get my confidence back (which for some reason as the years go by gets smaller and smaller....further to fall?) My calf muscles were wrecked for 2 days after, but the sunny, then stormy day, the company, and the crazy ride home made the trek well worth it.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Looks like a lot of fun. One of these winters, I will get out the mountains.