Sunday, July 1, 2007

San Diego International Triathlon - 2007

June 24, 2007
Stealing from Pat's blog...
We woke up to a beautiful June Gloom day. As the summer starts to heat up, triathletes are some of the crazy people that actually enjoy the cloudy mornings. Hopefully the clouds would hang out for a couple hours.

This was my third year doing this race, so there were really no surprises heading into the day. This is a great race, as many of the local San Diego triathletes come out (Tri club members and pros...i.e. Michellie Jones). It was great to see many of my friends as I set up transition.

The only difference in this race were the heavy hearts many of us had from losing our club president and friend, Jim McCann, earlier in the week. To show our appreciation to a man that meant so much to our sport here in San Diego, we wore specially made bracelets and wrote messages on our bodies.

As I said, no surprises in the race course. The swim is flat, the bike is hilly, and then the run is flat. A good course for me! I was able to take ~1 minute off my swim over last year, ~6 minutes off my bike, and about a minute off my run. I beat my overall time from last year by about 9 minutes, so I was pretty happy.

Swim (1000 m): 19:16
T1: 2:45
Bike (30 k): 56:21
T2: 2:24
Run (10 k): 55:37
Total: 2:16:23

Aiming for a sub-2:10 race next year! :)

1 comment:

VELOBELLATRIGIRL said...

FANTASTIC TIME!!! I think you're catching me!!!