Saturday, June 9, 2007

Spring Sprint Triathlon 2007

May 6, 2007

This was my 3rd year doing the Spring Sprint Triathlon. It consists of a 1/4 mile swim, 9 mile bike, and a 3 mile run. It's a short and fun race, but still difficult because you are in sprint mode the entire time.

It was fun to once again be competing against some of my friends. Its great how we make each other push harder in a race. In this case, my biggest rival was Becky Sandbeck. She got out of the water before I did (not surprising, she swims for her job training Shamu....really, she trains Shamu!). I passed her on the 2nd loop of the bike, and then she passed me at the 1/2 mile mark on the run....and then finished 2 minutes ahead of me. Looks like I need to work on my run!




It turned out to be a great race though. I continue to improve my time year over year. Here's how things turned out:


Swim: 9:01
T1: 2:00
Bike: 26:58
T2: 1:00
Run: 24:16
Total: 1:03:15
8/44 (W25-29)

No comments: